any ideas for decorations for a curious george 1st bday party?

I have some wall hangings and such but unless I want to spend huge amoutns at an online store, hitting a wall here. the centerpieces to hold balloons are going to be bunches of actual bananas, so would like to try to find other ideas like that just to have it be different.
any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 1:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just got a GREAT idea!!!!!! go to pbskids.org and you are bound to find curious george stuff there. Find some print outs and use them as decorations! You can have LO help you color them in! You could also probably find some activity sheets and use them as party gifts or the invitations
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Why? The kid isn't going to pay attention to them or remember them? What's the point of spending a ton of money on it if the kiddo doesn't even know what's going on? They don't understand birthdays at that age.
    Anonymous

• it should be kinda easy to find "monkey" themed stuff, but not so much curious george unless you order online or go to a speciality party store. maybe if you find a Curious George bday banner everything else can just support the theme like bananas.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• A friend of mine just had a curious George party. She had the kids play pin the banana on George. They were supposed to pin it in his hand. Of course her kid was the first to go and pinned it right between his legs. It was too funny.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Party America. That is where I'm getting my son's Curious George stuff at.
    Anonymous

• dont listen to anon1... have a party and celebrate his first bday whether he remembers or not. try the oriental trading company, im getting all of dds birthday party stuff online. great prices too!
    Anonymous

• anon1, ppffffttt, thanks for your delightful insight lol-go have a bad day elsewhere some of us are looking for FRIENDLY women. lol funny.
    ty for the ideas ladies...found some really cute stuff on ebay too.:)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• bluebird hee hee that would be the funniest picture from the party."lookie what I did mom?" lol. ty for the laugh :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i get all my stuff from birthday direct they are reasonible and i love them
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 5:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010