what to expect?

i go for my first OB opt. thurat 145 what all should i expect the to do and when do i got back?? me and my hubby have been TTC and fertility friend said my due date is nov 25. if that helps any thank you for your time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When do you go back? usually 4 weeks later
    What to expect? normally a pap, blood drawn, weight check, and the all around how are you feeling. They may do a transvaginal ultra sound to measure the fetus to see how far along you are and to see if they can see the heart beat.
    Depending how far along you are you may se only the sac.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• For my first appointment, they had me fill out a bunch of paperwork regarding my diet and health. My guess to identify any risk factors. I also had an internal ultrasound done to determine how far along I was and to help establish a due date. I also had a bunch of blood work done to ensure the preganancy was proceeding correctly. That there were no genetic conditions or hormonal imbalances. I hope that helps and Congrats.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• it varies A LOT. at my first appointment, i filled out some paper work, talked to my CNM about my previous pregnancy and birth, asked her a long list of questions about birth. i didn't have a pap, a blood test, or a urine test. i went back 4 weeks later and then did have a urine test & blood test. i had a pap like 10 weeks after that. :)

some providers will want to do a number of different things but just know that it's up to you which "routine" things you want to do. like testing for genetic conditions like pp said, is something many moms pass on.
    Anonymous