Am I DOOMED?

M son was born at 34 weeks due to preeclapsia. I started going downhill with him in my second trimester. But my bps was ignored by my doctor. When i was induced my bp was 200/120. I am now expecting baby number two. MY first doctors appt. isn't till apr21. My bps never went back to normal after my son was born seven months ago. Also my bmi is %33%. My aunt also had pe. What are the odds i get it again? What all should i bring up with my doctor at the first visit?

KJ_on

Asked by KJ_on at 2:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell him EVERYTHING. Write it all down and make sure you cover everything.
    I have never had it so I don't know if the chances go up after having it, but I do wish you luck that all goes well in this pregnancy for you~!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• they can look up ur history to know all about ur last pregnancy. Tell them about ur aunt. And ask them if you can get it again will it effect the baby any different then the 1st. . I hope ur not going to the same dumbass DR.. If u are please get a new one.
    Anonymous

• Preeclampsia is more common in first pregnancies than subsequent ones. High blood pressure is only one of the symptoms of preeclampsia, but I don't know how currently having hbp will affect a pregnancy.

Answer by missanc at 3:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• eating proper amounts of protein can prevent preeclampsia. 80-100g a day. if you do not consume enough protein in your diet your body will break down protein in your body to use it for your baby. this protein will show up on your urine tests. if your bp was high before this pregnancy, then you really need to do whatever you can to get it under control. don't use salt...limit processed foods that are high in salt..
    so, no i do not believe that you are doomed...but you need to take care of yourself! and talk to your doctors!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• doomed? no. likely to develop it again? possibly. BP isn't necessarily the ONLY symptom of pre-e, altho keeping a close watch on it can only serve to help you. Like the previous poster said = increase your protein intake AND STOP ALL added salt. You don't need to add salt to ANYTHING you eat, and eating low-sodium alternatives, and better yet = only things that contain substances you can actually pronounce, and know without a PHD in chemistry, is a good thing...

and even if you do develop pre-e again, there are steps the docs can take to support and protect the baby. Having a baby at 34 weeks isn't nearly as dangerous as a baby at 28 weeks = my niece. She's fine. the baby you just had is probably fine too, and so will this one be. = the longer you can keep pregnant the better, = but that last month the baby is just getting big, s/he's finished developing.
    archaeodani

Answer by archaeodani at 3:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i agree pre-e is more common in first pregnancies.

a healthy diet may be able to help. not everyone believes that but some do so it certainly can't hurt!!! ina may's guide has some good diet info.

also BMI is not a percent. so it's just 33 not 33% :) gl!!!
    Anonymous