MY WEDDING RING IS STUCK!!!

i'm 3 weeks away from my due date & my hands have swollen up. i was able to take my ring on and off before, but now i can't. IT'S STUCK! i forgot about it for a while because i never take it off, but now i'm waking up and i won't be able to feel my hands. is there any way to take it off without breaking my finger or having to weld the dang thing off?? i'm afraid it'll cut circulation off my finger soon since i wake up with numb hands.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• try lottion or baby oil, if it doesn't come off tho they will have to cut it off...
    Good Luck!!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• or try dish soap and warm water
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Try an ice bath for your hand, this may help reduce the swelling enough for you to get the ring off. Then don't put it back on again until after you deliver. GL.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• COLD water, vegetable oil, butter, etc
    I would even be tempted to pull out the "lube" from the bedroom...its super slippy!!!
    Anonymous

• Also try holding your hand abouve your heart, this should decrease the blood flow to the area and allow you to slip the ring off.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• cut what off?? the ring or my finger??!?
    Anonymous

• Soak your hand in ice water and then spray it with cooking oil. You may need a dry towel or washcloth to help get a good grip on the ring.
    Anonymous

• LOL , the ring sorry,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• thanks everyone! i just got it off with LOTS of lotion. i had a lot of trouble getting it past the first bone/joint. my finger fat would roll up and just make it harder to take off. but it's off! thanks everone!
    Anonymous

• The ring, Anon. You'd have to have the ring cut off if none of the other suggestions work. I'd try ALL of them at the same time: First elevate your hand for a few minutes, with ice on it, then immediately lube it up and try to slip the ring off. If it doesn't come off, then you may have to have it cut off. That's not that big of a deal because it can be soldered back together and if you don't know the solder joint is there, a good jeweler can make it so you'd never be able to tell. My mom had to have my dad cut her wedding band off when she had a major allergy attack and her hands swelled to the point that it was cutting off circulation.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010