20 week BOY ultrasound

I just had my 20 week ultrasound today and confirmed I'm having a BOY! This is my first baby and also the first baby boy my family will experience. I'm curious, his penis looks huge on the US pics, it comes halfway down his thigh! could this just be a weird angle or is it something my son will grow into before he's born? Doc also says he's two ounces overweight for his size?

LittlestKeen

Asked by LittlestKeen at 2:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL, my boy's looked the same way, I was shocked by that too. He's due any day now, so I guess we'll see
    Anonymous

• Weight measurements can NEVER been taken seriously with ultra sound. Of course he will grow in to it so to speak he is only about the size of a banana, He is only half done LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• lol first of all congrats! secondly no hon, your son doesnt have a monsotrous big penis(tho hubby may brag about that lol) , it could be cord or the angle, and also shadows are in there too... good luck with your lil one ...mommy. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Haha...my son as well. When he was small, my dad said he was a penis with a boy attached and put him to shame. So, he may come out large, LOL, especially with all the mom hormones passed on. I have no idea if he is still large, I haven't seen that since he was 2. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My little boys looked that way too, and it still is big...lol. I work at a daycare so I have seen plenty of other kids areas...and my sons is huge compared to theirs.

But he is also not circumsized which I feel like makes him bigger too. Just another perk for not cutting. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• oh my son was the same way! i honestly thought his penis was his cord. it doesnt help that i was convinced that i was having a girl lol. and as far as the weight goes, you cant always trust them. they told me that my son was going to be 9-10 lbs and he was 6 lbs. 13 oz
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Being uncut does not magically make a mans penis bigger, That has to be one of the dumbest things I have heard.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

LOL

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mrs. Owen...it certainly does make it a bit bigger...in girth and length...since the forskin hangs down past his actual penis....

Dont you think removing part of something would make the other part left behind a bit bigger? Logical?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• bit smaller I meant to put....typed it backwards....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010