My poor little boys neck.... :(

My little guy is 6 and had surgery last Sunday to help remove an infected lymph node and tons of pus that was surrounding the abcess

His little neck looks terrible... :( About 8 stitches and it is still swollen.

I hate that he has to go through this...it has been so hard on him. We had to stay in the hospital for 8 days on IV antibiotics too.

Also, if your child develops a large lymph node, dont ignore it...they can be really serious! My sons popped up overnight and was about the size of a baseball.

Dont you hate it when you feel bad for your kids and their is nothing you can really do about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Poor little guy. I hope he gets to feeling better. I think that is the worst feeling a mom can have. If you child is hurting and there is nothing you can do is horrible and makes me feel horrible !
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 3:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i am so sorry for you and your lo :(
    i can't imagine having to go through that.
    i hope the recovery goes well.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm so sorry. my son has had multiple brain surgeries, so I know what you mean about not being able to help. And seeing his head covered in stitches or staples is just SO SO heart breaking! *BIG HUGS* to you and your little man!!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010