What do you put in your meatloaf?

I have made it plenty of times, just wondering if you guys have some new ideas !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• ground beef or turkey, meatloaf seasoning mix, onions, and green peppers, sometimes I top it off with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I use salt, pepper,garlic, onions and minute rice

My step dad likes eggs in his which i think is nasty
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 2:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• celery, carrots, Italian bread crumbs, 1 egg, salt, pepper, onion, parsely, basil, sometimes mushrooms, saltins
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• oh yeah and before I put it in the oven I cover it in ketchup
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 2:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I just came up with a kick butt recipe a couple of weeks ago. 1/2 lb ground beef (80/20), 1/2 lb ground pork, 1 lb ground buffalo. Then a small can of tomato sauce, 2 eggs, and about a cup of bread crumbs. Then I dice 2 yellow onions, a green bell pepper, a yellow bell pepper, and a couple cloves of garlic. I saute them in a little olive oil. Then I add it to the meat mixture with some salt, pepper, and worsteshire sauce. I mold it into a loaf on a baking sheet and lay a couple strips of bacon on top. Bake the whole thing for about 1 1/2 hours, or until done. mmmmmmm......

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Finely shredded cheese, minute rice, eggs, onions, parsley, black pepper, ketchup, whatever other seasonings sound good when I'm mixing it up.
    Anonymous

• where in the world do you get ground buffalo...didnt know you could get such a thing.

I do like the worsteshire sauce and the bacon idea. Hubby would like that...

The cheese idea is good too......
    Anonymous

• I make it for a LOT of people...everyone loves my meatloaf. It's an old family recipe. We use the same recipe to make our meat balls. They are AMAZING!! So here it is... 3lbs ground beef, 1.5lbs ground pork . The rest of the stuff we put in isn't measured..we just kinda throw it in..basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese, parmesean cheese, and bread crumbs. and let me tell you...it is the most delicious thing I have ever eaten haha.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• sometimes I put bbq sauce in it for a change, its yummy!
    Anonymous

• "where in the world do you get ground buffalo...didnt know you could get such a thing."

I live in Colorado. Buffalo is as plentiful and easily available as beef. It is also a lot better for you.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2010