Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant and divorce..

I Am Pregnant now and husband walked out, is there any way i can go ahead and file for custody of this baby now? what do i need to do and who do i need to go to? (husband walked out on me and my daughter (and unborn baby) 3 weeks ago, haven't heard from him in 3 weeks)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Find a lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • When i went for child support they only allowed me to get it for the already born child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • You can file for abandonment with the courts. You can file for PA but not custody until the child is born. If you file for PA you can use their lawyers. Most states won't let you get a divorce until the baby is born but you can ask about that. You can also try legal aid.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN