why is her hair falling off?

i have a 3yr old and she had tons of hair...recently i've noticed that her hair has been falling off so much....it looks like someone cut chunks of hair from underneath and sides...i'm always with her and she can't reach back there to even think she cut her hair....what can i do to get her hair growing again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would be concerned about why it is falling out in the first place. Not about how to get it to grow back.

I would take her to the Dr to let them run some tests on her. Just to be safe. There has to be a reason its falling out...right?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i would see her dr. too. emotional stress can cause this, reaction to meds can cause this...i have no idea what else :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• When my Dd is under stress she losses hair. See her Dr and see what is going on. There is nothing you can do to make it grow back. Other then wait for it to come in again.
    Anonymous

• She's probably not getting the right amount of nutrition her little body needs. And why havent you took her to the doctor the first time you noticed this? Take her!!!
    vdr1983

Answer by vdr1983 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i did take her to the doctor because i was concerned and i didn't know what was causing this. He said it might be stress or lack of nutrients so he gave me vitamins. but i already give her the vitamins he prescribed and i didnt notice they were the same until after i got the prescription...what should i do to help her?
    Anonymous

• Oh well its good that you have already taken her to the Dr to get her seen about! Yay! ;)

In that case, I have tried to use Horse Mane and Tail shampoo...I bought ours at a Sally's hair supply store....but I have seen it at walmart and kmart before.

It is suppose to help it grow. IT cant hurt anyways.....other than that, I dont know of anything.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Thank you all for your advise...i'm just worried because i don't know what else to do to help her!
    Anonymous

• she either has a vit def. or she might have alpecia.. i have alpecia and there is no cure.. mine just falls out in certain spots mostly when i get stressed.. i also had a vit diff. so now i take a multi vit (catalyn) and trace mineral (standard process b-12)
    deverrick

Answer by deverrick at 5:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Could it be that someone else cut her hair? A friend, a cousin or sibling? Does she wear ponytails or braids? They could be too tight. If so, give her hair a break

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2010