Swelling?

I have been really constipated lately. My doctor recommended that I try drinking lots of water, prune juice and moving around more often. I was at work today and had to go really bad. Well I was in the bathroom for over an hour and finally went. When I was done I realized that my vagina had swelled up. Is this reason of concern or will the swelling go down? Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's probably from straining so hard. The more you strain, the more blood is forced into the area. A cold pack will bring it down.

If your constipation is that bad, you may want to try a plain water enema. If you continue to strain like that you'll cause hemorrhoids.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• was it your vagina, or was it your butt? because it probably stretched out and got irratated because your so constipated.....sorry not to be gross.
    Anonymous

• my vagina swelled my butt is just sore now
    Anonymous

• I am not sure but I would think it is normal because sometimes the woman's vagina will swell up after having sex as well.It just happens for some woman but if you are worried about it call your doctor or after hours nurse and ask about it and don't be embarrassed they hear way worse things lol
    Anonymous

• get some fiber in your diet woman!
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010