Potty Training

Ok , here goes..I have a 4 year old boy , 3 year old boy and a 8 month old Girl...My sons are very smart kids about everything ..And I know they get it..But I can not get them remotely to use the Potty ..Not at all..Any suggesttions will greatly appriciated..Note....Everytime we bring up Potty training ..there's alot of crying and Screaming..I feel like a bad Mother ..cause I am a stay at home mom.And my sons are not even close!!!Please help...

lala1976

Asked by lala1976 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I swear by just using underwear. Just don't give in.
    Anonymous

• You have your hands full. I would focus on one of them at a time... I guess start with the 4 year-old unless you think the 3 year-old will respond better. Go straight to underwear and, like pp said, don't give in. He will have the choice to mess his pants or to use the potty. If at all possible, get some help for at least one day so you can focus on nothing but that. Let him play and go about his day in his underwear, but remind him that pee and poop go on the potty. If he has an accident, move him to the potty and don't freak out. When you get one son going potty, move on to the other, with the same method.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Put them in underwear and don't give in. Use diapers for bedtime only. You will probably have lots of messes at first but it will work eventually. When they do have an accident do not change them immediatly, take your time. The most important thing though is once you start do not stop. Otherwise it will be all that much harder to start again. They are plenty old enough to be trained. Boys are stubborn and are going to have a fit anyhow.
    sugabug001

Answer by sugabug001 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2010