How often would you estimate you wash your hands...once and hour, every two hours...etc.

I wash mine probably at least every hour or more, depending on what i am doing.

Also, add your kids...how often do you send them to wash up or help them wash up, if they are little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Health

• I wash after I go to the bathroom, before I cook and before I eat. That's it. And my daughter washes her hands after going potty, before she eats, or if she's gotten her hands dirty doing something. More than that, and I think it's over kill and you're going to be not only drying out your skin, but also not allowing your body and your child's body to develop natural immunities.
    Anonymous

• before i cook and after i go potty,same for my kid.Sickness is rare in our family,its bad to wash too much.Its the same as peopel that keep their kids from people,they get sick a little too often.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• After potty, before cooking or eating. Same with kids. Never use hand santizer. Over washing & using hand sanitizer weakens your immune system. Your body cannot learn to defend off that which it isn't exposed to.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• before cooking and food prep, after using the bathroom, #1, i just rinse with water, i wash after changing poopy diapers. i don't use hand sanitizers either. the kids wash before meals...and sometimes after the bathroom. sickness is rare here too :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I wash more often at school (I work with special needs kids) because there is always something going around. At home there's no set amount of time between washes - after the bathroom, before food prep, after I've been doing something messy. Same with the kids. We don't even have hand sanitizer in the house.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• after using the bathroom, before food prep and after I eat.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2010