Why is my house ALWAYS a mess?

No matter how hard I work it stays messy. Dirty clothes pile up, dishes are always on the sink, toys always on the floor and trash always I mean if the can is full then a new bag gets hung on a door knob instead of taking the first bag out and replacing it. Then the dog gets into it and strings it every where. I the only one who puts stuff away? Am I the only one who knows how to work the washer and dryer? Am I the only one who knows how to take the trash out? Am I the only one who lives with slobs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine too! It is never ending...and i try!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mine too!!! I give up...lol.

Not really but I say that. my house is actually clean as far as like germs and things..i clean the toilet sweep mop...etc...but it just has clutter, mainly toys...

I have designated my kids 4 and 6 to be in charge of the floor toys...at the end of the day I play a song on the computer...a fast song....and they have to hurry to get it done...they like the "game" lol and it helps a good bit
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I feel the same way!!! I clean and then an hour later my son has hand prints on everything my dogs make a mess and my hubby has dirty dishes. I always try to keep things clean and when they are not clean I get overwhlemed but... it's to much I agree!!!
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 3:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Same here. My pigs never clean up after themselves. lol
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I live with a family of slobs too:(
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Your house is always a mess because people live there. *grin* The mess NEVER ends until you are the only one living there.

I'd rather have the mess than an otherwise empty house.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i clean up after everyone else is asleep, then i go to bed with the satisfaction that it will stay clean for more than 10 minutes. my kids do some cleaning, like their toys & my 5 year old has a few assigned chores. hubby does the bathrooms, takes out the garbage and does the dishes & and daily cleaning on my work days. still feels like i'm the one doing it all.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mine stays clean when I have the energy to keep everyone organized, right now I don't so it gets messed up quickly. Once the baby is here I hope to get everyone on shedual. I have some tips if you would like some. haveing 4 kids so young forces you to become organized. I would be happy to give you an example of our daily shedual.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Maybe you need to start delegating more? Do you work or stay home? How old are your kids?

I stay home so the bulk of the housework is mine. I've taken on the job of laundry, cleaning, dishes, cooking etc. My husband has taken on garbage, compost and recycling. We both vacuum. I don't know how we fell into that, we just did. People pick up after themselves because I make them. My kids are expected to clean up their toys periodically during the day, especially if we're moving on to something different.

It sounds to me like everyone in your house is procrastinating and holding out for someone else to do the things that need to be done instead of seeing it needs to be done and then doing it right away. Things don't get out of hand if you take a few minutes here and there to keep up on the day to day stuff. You'd be surprised at what you can do in 15 mins if you just do it.
    Anonymous

• its called...

KIDS.

lol.

I swept the floor this morning, and already there's a ton of crumbs and stuff - they've been home for barely 20 minutes.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010