I watch a 14 month old little girl.

How many Poopy diapers is normal? Because she always has at least 4 if not more poopy diapers a day. I think she might have a food allergy how to tell her parentS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is it just the quantity or the consistency that worries you? If it's watery, then it could be a sign of some GI trouble, food allergy or otherwise. I don't think 4 poops in a day alone is cause for concern.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Its a huge amount and its never solid. But I wouldn't say its diareha (sp).
    Anonymous

• you just tell the parents you're concerned about dd's diaper contents if she could be sick -suggest that they take her to dr for either a virus or maybe food allergy.

it's not a big deal to tell the parents, but you might think baby should see a dr. and the might decide not. Then you have to decide how long you can take care of routinely nasty diapers for the length of illness or how to readjust food she eats while at your home no matter who provides it.

Ohhhh Hope lo feels better!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Does lo drink a lot of cow's milk? or ice cream? maybe baby is lactose intolerant?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i used to keep a little boy that had at least 5 poopy diapers a day..AT LEAST..and if he didn't have that, then he was constipated..just ask the parents how many she has at home on a saturday..if they say that many, then i wouldn't worry too much about it.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• HOLY CRAP! (no pun intended). that is a lot of poppy diapers. My 14 month old has 2 a day, every day. Very consistent. She has a good diet, etc. though, so that may be a huge issue. Do you feed her while she is with you? What does she eat?
    Anonymous

• Yeah I have her from 7 to 8:30 Every weekday and she only eats the food they send which is all just gerber baby food stuff like those tv dinner things and baby food.
    Anonymous

• I have twins that eat exactly the same things. One poops once or twice a day and sometimes has issues with constipation. The other poops 3 to 5 times a day and never has any tummy troubles. The one who poops a lot just has a higher metabolism than the other one. I did talk to my pediatrician about it.

It wouldn't hurt for you to mention that you noticed their child seems to have more bowel movements than most kids. Let the parents know that you have no idea whether it is normal or if she might have a food allergy or something, but you wanted to mention it in case they wanted to run it their pediatrician. The parents will appreciate knowing you are looking out for their child, or at least that is how I feel when my daycare provider brings things like this to my attention.
    Anonymous

• My son was like that, and I remember once he ate a oatmeal raisin muffin and had like 6 or 7 massive poops that day. Now he is 4 and goes once a day usually. Then my daughter only went once every couple of days and would get really constipated. Now she is 2 and usually goes once a day as well. I think they're all just different. It could be an allergy, but it might also just be how his body is.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010