WOuld you have put it all back?

I was at Carters yesterday and as always I picked up around 150 dollars worth of stuff got to the register and asked to get a coupon. The lady tells me in the snide voice 'oh, we don't do that anymore, You guys are gonna have to start bringing your own coupons in. We ain't gonna provide them any more.' I was thrown for a loop. I have been shopping there for 4 years and ALWAYS got a coupon at the register for purchasing 50 dollars or more. Don't get me wrong though, it's not the new policy that bothered me. It was her attitude in how she brought it to my attention. I juist went with it and paid for my stuff but I really wouldn't have gotten that much if I know I wasn't going to get my normal coupon. I dunno. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• No, I would have left the whole cart there...and told the manager on the way out why I was never coming back.

(PS, I'm a cashier.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would not have gotten it. I think you should return the items and tell them why. I was in carters the other day and they handed me a coupon while I was shopping. That rude woman should be reported.
    Anonymous

• I agree with MamaK, I would have left the cart there too and complained to the manager about the rudeness of the cashier. If you did that he probably would have given you a discount.
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 3:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would have left the cart there, they pay her to put it all away---
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• lol you could have just left it all there. It depends on the perks of the cupon....can you use it right then and there, or is it one you use later for another purchase? How much is it for???
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• OP: It's usually a coupon for 10%-20% off a purchase of 50 or more. So it's a big deal on a large order!
    Anonymous

• If I had really wanted the items in the cart, i would have kept them. I would have told the cashier that I was unaware of the new policy, paid for my purchases and found the manager. I would have mentioned the cashier's attitude and that such changes in policy should be announced via a sign at the cash register or a quick note to regular customers.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I am almost positive you can comment online. Just put in your zip and it will give you a form to fill out.
    I agree, though, I would have left it right there.
    Anonymous

• yep agreeing with all PP, left the cart there and would of told manager why.
    MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i would copy and paste what you said to the store's website (if they have one) or mail them a letter not about the cashier in general but definitly about how you will not shop there anymore because it was a big deal at one time but also how they didnt let anyone know till then. they could of put up a sign or something. jeez
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010