when will i start my af again after bf?i stoppedbf a month ago and i took 3 test i know i'm not pregnant.

i'm concerned and i am going to make a doctor appointment soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Health

• Not sure what af and bf stand for, but as always, if you have a medical concern, you should see your doctor.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It can take a while for your cycle to reassert itself. If you don't want to be pregnant, continue to take all precautions. It's not unusual for it to take several months or even longer for a period to return.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm guessing you mean how long after stopping breast feeding should you get your period? It took about two months for me. I wouldn't worry for at least a few more weeks, but take precautions on not getting pregnant since there is no way for you to know when you will ovulate for the first time.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• aunt flo and breastfeeding lol
    Anonymous

• Yep, what the others have said. It may take a while for it to get back to normal. But make sure to use protection and I personally would test once a week to make sure I wasn't pregnant.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:12 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Depends on when you ovulate. It's normal to start your period back about 6-8 weeks after weaning, just like after birth if you don't breastfeed. It's also normal to start earlier or later. There's not really an abnormal time frame. It's all hormonal. When your hormones even out again (which could take months), you'll start seeing a normal cycle again (though "normal" now may not be what was "normal" before baby and breastfeeding).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It can take months for it to go back to normal. Don't think that because you don't have your period yet, that you can't get pregnant! I get pregnant the same month I stopped bf go figure! I hadn't yet switched to normal birth control.. I was still on the mini pill
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010