TERRIFIED of flying!!???

Ok ladies, I really.. really.. realllllly need some help.

I am going on vacation in two weeks, my DH, DD, dad, mom and I are all flying to Las Vegas from Washington State. The problem is, I am terrified, and I mean terrified of flying. I’ve only ever flown once before, and it was so bad I had a panic attack, then had to take a train home because I was too scared to get back on the flight. What do I do to help “deal” with it? I can’t just not fly home this time, I have to be with my DD (she’s 2). How do I deal with is so that I can be with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Travel

• I would see if you can get some sessions with a counselor. They can give you some relaxation techniques.
    Or the other option is to go through security and get to the nearest lounge and have a couple of drinks. Don't get drunk, but take the edge off. You husband and parents can take care of your baby.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I use to get panic attacks too. Now I do not because I take a happy pill and sleep the whole time.
    Otherwise I can not fly.
    Check with your doctor to see what he thinks would help you, you can not sleep because you have a small child with you.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• oops your whole family is with you than go get something to fall asleep. I'm out right before the AP takes off.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010