What to do about pain in the a$$ up stairs neighbors?

I swear I am about to go up there and break some teeth! I am sick and effin tired of the stomping and thuding around. I finally got ticked off enough to where I hit the ceiling. I am 3 1/2 months pregnant and have a yougn child and all you hear day and effin night is stomp stomp stomp! !!
What can I do? I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt that it is thin walls and stuff but d@mn they sound like they are useing cinder blocks to walk up there!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you should ask them if you could do a test.
    have hubby go us stairs and just walk across their floor.
    Then you would know if they are being rude, or if you live in a cheap building.
    I wouldnt tick off the upstairs neighbors unless you knew 100% that they were being rude.
    Anonymous

• not much you probably can do- it's probably just them walking around. maybe a good relaxation CD might help. Hope it all works out.
    Anonymous

• I know they are doing it to be annoying. The first week we were here they were quite and everything. When they met Dh in the elevator they talked and asked where we lived he said we just moved in to 213 after that it was stomp stomp stomp I cant take that annoying sh!t anymore!
    Anonymous

• That happens when you live in apartments. You realy cant do anything beacause it is his apartment and he pays rent so you cant tell him how to walk.
    I did get kicked out of an apartment once because the nieghbors downstairs complained about my 1 and 2 year olds running around in my apartment which I thought was a bunch of crap because the landlord knew I had kids when he rented me the freakin place!! If I were you I would look into renting a house or duplex. Those are so much better then those apartments with annoying ass nieghbors
    Good Luck!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 4:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I had body builders as upstairs neighbors once. It sounded like the house was going to break down around me when they was doing weights. Happiest day was when they moved out. When they was up there, I usually played music pretty loudly.
    Anonymous

• Try a nice note stating that your kids nap at certain times and you've can hear them walking-blame the apt-and could they please try to walk softer. If this don't work,contact the landlord
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• M ove in to a house so you don't have upstairs neighbors. Other than that..,...deal with it.
    Anonymous

• I lived in an apartment where I had a 90 year old man living below me, I could hear his jeopardy! every night, lol. I just tried to keep my tv or radio on at all times and it helped muffle the noise until I was able to move to a better place. Good luck and remember that this is just a temporary problem.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would first talk with the neighbors and let them know that the stomping is making it impossible for my child or myself to get any rest. If they refuse I would write a letter to the manager and have the manager deal with it.
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 7:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Do they have carpet up there or is it all hardwood floors? Ours is hardwood and the neighbor downstairs can hear everything.He can't complain much tho since he is louder than us.Our last place the upstairs had carpet and we couldn't hear hardly anything from up there. Maybe ask the landlord to carpet or see if the neighbor will get some area rugs to cut the noise down a bit.
    sugabug001

Answer by sugabug001 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010