Showing This Soon?

According to my last period I am five weeks pregnant. But I already have a little bit of a baby belly. I'm REALLY skinny. I got sick a couple of months ago and dropped about 20 pounds, so my tummy WAS very flat. Now it is already poking out a bit.
I was just wondering if this is normal for a second pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was pregnant some years ago - also thin. With my daughter I didn't show at all until about five months, but had a belly really quickly with that other pregnancy. It wasn't bloating. Without getting into details, I believe I was pregnant with twins. I don't really have an explanation other than that, but in my experience, it seems quite possible.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Every prenancy is different. With my first I was 12 weeks. With my second 7 weeks and this time around 4 weeks. They say you show earlier with each pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, Every pregnancy u show a bit sooner.
    dcorona89

Answer by dcorona89 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• No you are not showing. Your uterus is not even above your pelvic bone yet. It is bloating
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i agree with mrs. owen. the hormones that are rushing through your body are probably bloating you up, your fluid levels are already increasing, so you might look bigger now than in a couple of weeks even. congrats!!!
    Anonymous

• at five weeks the baby is the size of a poppy seed....theres no way you're showing...most likely a food baby
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• OP here
    I know that it isn't bloating because I haven't put on any weight. And to top it off, I'm on a specialized diet because of my health. All the bloat causing foods have been omitted from the diet, including all breads and milk products. Along with a whole list of other things that the doc has taken me off of to help me get better.
    And it is all in the lower abdomen.
    I know the baby is small, but I also know the uterus is what shows long before the baby is big enough to be seen.
    Anonymous

• it hasn't moved yet hun, and any food can cause food babies...i'm super skinny, i've gotten food babies from salads(and no i don't use dressing)...if you lost a lot of weight then anything in your stomach can make you look pregnant....your uterus is still in your pelvis...theres no way its pushing past the pelvic bone
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It is bloating, doesn't matter what kind of diet you are on. You are NOT showing the pregnancy. PERIOD
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• it is bloating and can be caused by increased fluid volume, doesn't have to come from foods.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010