Positive Pregnancy Test

I was supposed to get my period either Saturday, Sunday or today, but I didn't have any cramping before which I usually do so I tested. I had a faint positive line on Saturday and slightly darker one yesterday and today I tested with a different brand and had a plus!! I called to make an appointment with my ob and didn't get an appointment until April 17th. I am concered because I was planning to get my hair Japanese straightened. I am also traveling on April 22nd a few days after my appointment. I wish to talk to my doctor beforehand. Any advice? How long did you have your first appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 19 weeks before I even knew and had an appt. The next day, I was sent for an U/S. I was exactly 19weeks and 23 days.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I don't know what "Japanese straightening" consists of, but if it's chemical based, just keep yourself in a well-ventilated area. As for traveling, you're in the clear this early in pregnancy. There is no problem with it and you can do whatever you like.
    Anonymous

• 19weeks and 3 days....oops.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I was about 13 weeks with my first, and about 9 weeks with my second, for first prenatal appointments. i agree that traveling is fine but maybe you should google about the hair thing. ;)
    Anonymous

• Lots of women don't see there Dr till the are close to 9 weeks to 12 weeks along.
    Anonymous

• I didnt see my ob until I was 12 weeks along. Traveling is fine that early but I would really check about the hair thing, I dont know what that is but you dont want any harmful chemicals if there is any.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I just read on babycenter.com that the avaerage first appointment is around 8 weeks. as for travelling that shouldn't be an issue unless you are some type of high risk
    LilMomma420

Answer by LilMomma420 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My Ob starts prenatal appts at 10 weeks. Just call your dr office if you have questions.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2010