your child left alone...what would you do?

My friends little girl is 4. She was left in a car by herself in a large city for 8 hours because her stepmom forgot to take her to Daycare. She said she didnt even relize she was in there. My friend is pressing charges but keeps getting repeated phone calls and letters asking her not to because the step mom doesnt deserve to be in jail what is your opinion??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can't forget about a kid for 8 hours. That woman deserves whatever she gets. That child could have died! Poor thing.
    Anonymous

• That is not okay to leave a child in a car. She is 4, how could you not know she was in there? A 4 year old would talk or something the whole way to work. Thats so scary! I would press charges as well.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• how do you forget a child is in the car?
    Anonymous

• How is it no one notices a child that old in a car?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have no idea, she said she didnt make a peep the entire 30 minute dive
    Anonymous

• I'd press charges and expect that it followed to the letter.

emails and phone calls bedamned...thats a CHILD! your groceries....sure forget them, but a living being!? and I'm sure a 4 year old would SPEAK and say hey...what about ME?

that woman deserves to be charged to the fullest extent.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would press charges. Thats not okay. You dont forget a child, and if you can your not responsible enough to parent one. She should not still have that child in her care. She deserves what she has coming. Thats not a forgivable mistake.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• 8 hours!?!? IAll I can think about is all the things that could have happend! What if it had been to hot, or two cold, or if someone had taken her, * hours without food, water, and at four she probably didn't have any hoice but to wet herself. She was probaby very scared. Maybe I'm overreacting, but if it was my 4 yr old, that woman would be dragged through the mudd, and you can bet that I would push for full custody at that point.
    Anonymous

• what was the weather like? How is this little girl? I mean, She was either way too hot or way too cold and hungry and SO SCARED.. could you imagine?? no way.. I would press charges too..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• How in the WORLD can someone forget about a child in their car?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010