just letting it blow over?

what are some things you do to let the fight blow over instead of continuing to argue with your dh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I just walk away from it. I tell him we're not going to agree, so let's just leave it. And I forget about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• We agree to disagree until we are both calm enough to discuss it like adults. When we are both mad we just end up defending ourselves rather then listen to the other. Sometimes its hard to walk away but you need to take the time to calm down or you will just go in circles.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I just say that I'm done and walk away.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Our "fights" just end abruptly. We go back and forth then one of us makes a dumb joke and it's over. Or we just both walk away and do something else for awhile and when we come back together the fight is done. Like it never happened.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• SO won't fight so I have to just deal with things
    Anonymous

• I go write about it in my journal, then try to talk to him when he is in a better mood- then later when he tries to tell you that 'it didn't happen that way' my DH always does this!
    then you've got it written down.
    When I show him he calms down then we find a way to deal.
    Anonymous

• Say I don't want to fight, kiss him, admit if I am wrong, say I can understand how you would feel that way or how you would see it that way, go read a book...
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2010