What does early labor feel like?

I am currently 38 weeks and this is my second pregnancy.With my first I felt really bad for 3 days then my amniotic fluid started leaking so i had to be induced & I only felt pain for 30 mins before the epidural, then nothing. I have been feeling really bad like the first time and its been 2 days. I cant hardly walk or do anything & he has dropped significantly in the past 2 days. I am scheduled to be induced a week from today.My OB said that I have a little frame and no room left so it is very likely I would have him before my scheduled date but if I don't she wants to go ahead and induce.Last Thursday I was dilated to 2 and 60% effaced. Could this be early labor? Or labor beginning? Has anyone ever been through this?I have just never had labor come on naturally so don't know what to expect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can be dialated for weeks or days.

I was dialated 3cm for the last 6 weeks or so of all three of my pregnancies.

early labour felt like a belly cramp - menstrual cramps that just got worse and didn't go away. middle baby it started in my back and felt like someone wrapping their arms around my belly and squeezing
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my early labor was just a low back ache after losing my plug. Water broke about 5 hours later and then active labor started right away and went fast.
    Anonymous

• all labors are different......mine was ALL in my groin with my second and I didnt even know I was contracing until I was told at the hospital. I went in because of all the pressure.
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 7:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010