Woman problems (TMI!)

Last night just before I went to bed I got a little itchy in my crotch area. this morning it was REALLY itchy, and then it felt strange so I checked it out- my labia was swollen so big it looked like I had a penis! I took a hot bath and the swelling went down a bit, but it's been about 2 hours or so, and it's still pretty swollen. I can't close my legs. It's not really PAINFUL but it still itches somewhat, and it's pretty swollen. I had a baby 3 mos ago, I'm on BCP's and Zoloft, but I've been on those for about 2 months with no allergic reaction to anything. I've had two periods a month since I started my BCP's that are REALLY heavy. Any input as to what could be going on- and should I go to the ER/Urgent care, or just make an appt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Health

• That happened to me once! It was so swollen I couldn't walk. It turned out to just be an allergic reaction to a medicine, i'm sure you are just allergic to something...new soap, or sexual lubricant or something?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'd make a appointment if it was me- you could get stuck with a huge bill at the ER-
    best of luck! hope you feel better-
    ouch!
    Anonymous

• I would go to the ER. I wouldnt worry about the bill that doesnt sound very normal to me. If you feel like you can wait though, then maybe you should just make an appointment, maybe even call an advice nurse (if they have those at your doctors) to see what they think you should do.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• No idea what that might be...(and I've had some issues) Get to a Dr~!
    Anonymous

• i would go to the dr.
    is there any discharge? do you think it could be a very bad yeast infection?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Sounds like it could be a bad yeast infection. I would make an appointment and maybe in the meantime go to the drugstore to pick up some cream for it to see if it helps.
    sugabug001

Answer by sugabug001 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Ooowwwwwhhooowwwww you have my sympathies. I hope you get that sorted out soon!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Doc said it was an allergic reaction- she never said to what, but I'm pretty sure it was the tampon I used- one of those cheap cardboard tampons. I'm thinkin that was it. Benadryl and some other antihistimene for daytime, and she said I should be golden in a few days! Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010