Imagine that someone discovered reams of documents that were from the Roman Empire and dated to the time of Jesus that proved he was just a man. Would you:

A) remain a Christian
B) stop being a Christian

Assume for the sake of it that the credibility of these documents was unassailable. Imagine that after a long and drawn out study of these documents and after careful consideration historians and scholars now agreed that the stories of Jesus and, in fact, the entire Christian religion could not have happened as Christians currently believe it did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Some may argue that all those papers do is prove that whoever wrote them believed him to be "just a man". "

LOL this sums up my feelings on the bible...written by men who just believed Jesus was the son a God. No proof, just men and their stories.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• That's the whole point of faith. People who believe would believe anyway, at least the strong believers would. Some may argue that all those papers do is prove that whoever wrote them believed him to be "just a man".
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 5:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Mandaday has it right on the nose.

Faith doesn't require proof. I'd STILL believe.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Exactly... who are scholars to say that he wasn't God. What if they were all atheists looking for everything they could to disprove God and Jesus? Nothing in the bible has been dis-proven, only proven.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• What in the bible has been proven?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• historical things that have been proven from the bible: http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/bib-qur/bibarch.htm
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'd still serve Jesus.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:34 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm already a Christian who believes Jesus was "just a man". I don't believe he was God or Son of God or anything like that - I deny the concept of the Atonement... But I still follow his teachings and example, and I still believe in the God he spoke of.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• "LOL this sums up my feelings on the bible...written by men who just believed Jesus was the son a God. No proof, just men and their stories."Answered at 5:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 by: sahmamax2

Many of the men who recorded the life of Jesus walked with Him and served with him directly. The were an eye witness to the miracles he performed and could testify on the way he lived His life as a result of first hand experiences.
    Anonymous

• "Many of the men who recorded the life of Jesus walked with Him and served with him directly. The were an eye witness to the miracles he performed and could testify on the way he lived His life as a result of first hand experiences. "

As stated where, in the bible?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010