Will this be the presidents big folly?

Great article.My opinion is that it is right on target.

In "The March of Folly," Barbara Tuchman asked, "Why do holders of high office so often act contrary to the way reason points and enlightened self-interest suggests?" Her assessment of self-deception -- "acting according to wish while not allowing oneself to be deflected by the facts" -- captures the conditions that are gripping President Obama and the Democratic Party leadership as they renew their efforts to enact health-care reform.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Who cares. He at least is TRYING to change the mess that was created by Bush. They complain because he is spending money to try and fix our economy and create some change so we can move forward. Bush didn't care. He spent it and said "see ya!"
    Anonymous

• I always wonder if the people who TRULY believe that the situation our country is in right now is fully and completely and ONLY George Bush's fault are highly functioning adults. I wonder if they are able to walk and chew gum or if that is just TOO taxing for their itty bitty brains to compute. As to the article... I think people (on both sides) get up there to Washington, believe their own hype and lose their minds! They seem to have no notion of what is going on in middle America and pander most to special interests (a squeaky wheel gets the most grease and all that) and to their party. Which is a shame! Looking out for only the HERE and NOW for the last 4 DECADES or so is what has us in this mess NOW. It had to happen and Obama is NOT fixing ANYTHING he just COMPOUNDING the problem.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I always wonder if the people who TRULY believe that the situation our country is in right now is fully and completely and ONLY George Bush's fault are highly functioning adults

I honestly wonder that myself. They are young examples of public education. That was a very well thought out article.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Quit the predicament.Oh what to do what to do lol.What should the president and admin do? Well let's see the WISE thing would be to choose option numero 3 and kill this particular bill and work on something the majority of Americans can be satisfied with BUT will they?
    Anonymous

• "First, the battle for public opinion has been lost. Comprehensive health care has been lost. If it fails, as appears possible, Democrats will face the brunt of the electorate's reaction. If it passes, however, Democrats will face a far greater calamitous reaction at the polls. Wishing, praying or pretending will not change these outcomes."

Wake up America! Especially you folks in your 20's! This will affect you the most in the upcoming years if our Congress continues to push the calamity through! Do you like the doctor or pediatrician you've using? Kiss him/her goodbye if this comes to fruition. If my Senator or Representative comes through my city, yet again, with a town hall meeting TELLING me what my choices will be instead of LISTENING to the reasoning of the people that put them in office, then I'm voting for Mickey Mouse!

Anonymous

• This bill will be his greatest folly just as he is our greatest folly. I hope his folly fails to come to past just as we will eventually make him our past folly in 2012.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Trying my ass. He is trying as he said he would to FUNDAMENTALLY Chang America(look it up if you don't understand that) Believe me honey , you don't want what this guy is offering
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2010