Formula?

My DD is going to be 1 in 8 days! The doctor wants her off of formula before her first birthday. She hates her formula so I don't see this as a problem. My question is would it be okay to just cut the formula now? We had been mixing the milk in and she drinks straight milk with breakfast so could I just stop the formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cold turkey mama. She doesnt like the formula anyway... She'll thank u for it lol
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• At this point, whole milk HAS been introduced...so may as well cut the formula.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Same here. I did not do it slowly. I just switched her all at once and she was very happy with it. Good Luck. Just remember that it will change the bowel movements though. Some change is normal just make sure that its not too much diarhea.
    mckennasmum

Answer by mckennasmum at 6:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Enlighten me here because i breastfeed i have only used formula a handful of times. If they can get breastmilk after a year why not formula? cows milk doesn't offer much nutrition and to be seems very hard on the system and i do not see how that magically changes once they turn 12 months old. They design formula after breastmilk in regards to the amount of protein, vitamins etc so I do not get why its a must to take them off formula. They even have toddler follow up formulas.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 15, 2010