What Is The Difference Between A Car Accident & An Abortion?

Ok So I'm Not Looking For A Debate (Though I Know One Will Arise) However I've had a question lingering in my mind for a while sooooo I've decided to ask it.

How can a person be charged with murder of an unborn child, if he injured the mother in such a way that killed the unborn child (car accident, shooting,stabbing,ect) but a dr. can call it an abortion and it's legal?

By this logic, if a woman is on her way to an abortion clinic, and is hit by a drunk driver and the accident causes her to miscarry, he can be charged with murder?

The only diffrence I see is that one child is wanted, the other is not.

CuteandCurvy

Asked by CuteandCurvy at 5:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• UMMM because the mother probably wanted the child and didn't expect an accident to end her pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• So then it only matters when the woman wants the baby.Just like alot will say its not really a baby when they do not want the baby and when they do want the baby they will call it a baby.All very selfish,self serving,pathetic,and sad.
    Anonymous

• Yeah it matters if she wants the baby, duh! It's not abortion then is it?
    Anonymous

• "The only diffrence I see is that one child is wanted, the other is not." that's pretty much it-
    in one case the woman is choosing to end the pregnancy, which is her choice.
    in the other case the woman did not want the child to leave her body and it was taken from her -

Anonymous

• There are many who will say the baby in their womb is a fetus when they want to abort and then turn around with another pregnancy later that they want and suddenly that one in the womb is 'a baby.'
    Anonymous

• Well anon, it is a fetus no matter which way you look at it. Wanted or not.
    Anonymous

• Do you remember the uproar by NOW (the feminazi org.) when Scott Peterson killed his pregnant wife? The were fighting the charge of murder on the unborn baby.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:14 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If it was a legitimate ACCIDENT, not caused by driving under the influence or excessive speed or any other violation of law, no murder charge will be filed. A LAWSUIT might be filed by the family of the baby, but that's a civil matter.

Typically the charges you're talking about are filed in the case of a DUI. And murder would apply for ANY victim.

Apples and oranges. There is no similarity you can use here, sorry.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Yes Carpy it just does not get any more strange then that imo.It only matters when the woman wanted that life growing inside of her.Doesn't make sense to me ,never has, that these same people would call abortion anything BUT murder.It is what it is geesh admitt it already.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I think a car accident with a death is involuntary manslaughter whether it involves DUI or not. Legalese mumbo jumbo. To take a life is just that. Taking a life. You do pose a good question though, "if a woman is on her way to the clinic and gets killed or the pregancy terminates from the accident and the other driver gets charged," then what do you call it? Who knows...maybe a voluntary/involuntary-homicidal-manslaughter-abortion. There are no right answers.
    Fraweggy

Answer by Fraweggy at 6:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010