hot sauce and kids?

how is that punishment? my kids love hot sauce..even my 2 yr old. i put hot sauce on just about everything..my kids seen me do it so they wanted some too. i started with a tiny bit on a separate plate to see if they liked it, and now my are able to tolerate more than a taste...they ask for it...so i give it to them, of course i dont give them as much as i use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids love hot sauce! And even if they didn't I don't think I could ever use that as a punishment.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• amen to that! fallnangel93! many states are making it illegal- unfortunately my state isn't one of them - yet.
    I guess it's the idea of torturing them. If you can't stand hot sauce it's very painful.
    if a kid loves hot sauce I guess it wouldn't be punishment.

Anonymous

• Who the hell punishes a child with hot sauce!? 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my MIL used to put a drop or 2 of tabasco on DH's tongue when he would say a bad word when he was a kid. He loves tabasco but never told her that!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• to beeky- unfortunately lots of people - that and there's some religious group/mag that is supporting the idea-
    does anyone know who who you would write to in order to try and make it illegal in your state?
    do a google- from what certain web sites say there are states that want to make it illegal.

Anonymous

• keep in mind that there are parents using a whole spoonful of hot sauce for things like not picking up toys and the like - some using sauces like habanero sauce that you aren't even supposed to touch with bare hands! you imagine this in the delicate throat/skin of a growing child?
    Anonymous

• LOL my 17 year old use to have hot sauce eating competitions when he was like 6....
    My 2 yr old loves hot and spicy foods.

They would have fun with it....so no punishment here.
    Oh , yes we are a hot sauce eating family.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 6:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If I had to choose, Id rather give my kid some hot sauce than wash their mouth out with SOAP.

My mom used horseradish.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:21 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Lol my boys grew up loving hot sauce. They are 11 and almost 13 now and they put hot sauce on everything. Of course DH and I are from TX so we eat a lot of spicy foods anyway. DD is 5 (which my boys were eating hot sauce by like 3 or 4) but DD doesn't like it so we don't make her eat it or anything. I think it is very cruel to use hotsauce for punishment.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My boys eat like me and my DH: hot sauce on American food, and pepper sauce on West Indian food. Though, my little guy will not touch the pepper sauce! As a punishment...? Eh.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 7:43 PM on Mar. 15, 2010