My Mom is getting remarried. What should I say at the wedding?

My mom met a wonderful man who makes her very happy. She is 59. She hasn't been with anyone since my dad (30 years ago). She has asked me to make a speech at the wedding, but I'm having a hard time coming up with just the right thing to say to welcome her new husband to our family and honor my mother. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope but does he have a brother?
    Anonymous

• Just speak from your heart. Congratulations and all the best to the happy couple!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• you could mention what a wonderful man you think he is and why-
    you could share a personal story of your mom and say that you are glad that she has found someone to share happiness with.

it doesn't have to be long-
    Anonymous

• I would just really tell her what she means to you and that you are happy that you can share your mother with a wonderful man that makes her happy. Which them the best and let them know you are behind them 100%.
    jesswonderin

Answer by jesswonderin at 6:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010