ATTN: 2000 Honda Civic EX owners!!!

Do you know where the on board diagnostics port is in your vehicle? I need to plug a device into mine for my insurance and I don't see it on/under the dashboard, near/under the cup holder, driver or passenger side, etc.

Please help, maybe someone is married to a mechanic who knows? TIA!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Travel

• Did you check your owners manual? Sometimes that''ll tell you. I used to work for AutoZone and I've found it in the oddest places.......under the drivers seat, under the passenger seat, under either dash (driver or passenger side), behind the ashtray, behind the glove compartment, in the center console. Sometimes you have to literally hang upside down in the front seat to find the plug under the dash on the drivers side. I've found some in easy spots, and other that you practically had to be a gymnast to get to. Check your manual first, though is my advice.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 6:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• @LokisMama, I couldn't find the owner's manual, I checked in the glove compartment, dash on both sides, and I even googled for half an hour and went to the Honda forums. I guess I will try sliding the seats back and forth tomorrow and check under there, thanks!
    Anonymous