Breast feeding and daycare?

So I'm wondering if I breastfeed/pump and I have to put my child in daycare will they be okay with that?

D.Tetz

Asked by D.Tetz at 6:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Absolutely - the daycare that I use on my college campus allows me to come in & nurse my baby, as well as bring in bottles of breastmilk. I don't see why you would need a back-up can of formula, if you're breastfeeding, they should respect that.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• They should be Ok with it. I don't see why not, unless they don't have a refrigerator.
    Anonymous

• Yes, absolutely they will be ok with it. They may require you to bring a can of formula as "back up" though (mine did, they did have to use it a few times, so it is a good thing I took it!!).
    Anonymous

• The daycare my kids were at didn't care. We rode the bus part way there and walked the rest of the way and by the time we got there my baby was hungry. I would sit in one of their gliders and breastfeed my baby and if he was hungry when I went to pick my kids up I would sit down and breastfeed him. They let all breastfeeding mothers do this.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:55 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Of course they will be okay. A lof of BF babies go to daycare. A lot of mom's even come in on their lunch and BF.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• They should be! When I was looking for day care with my first baby, one person I met with seemed a bit unsure about thawing frozen breastmilk etc. I just got the feeling that she might toss it and give him formula because it was too much work. Needless to say, I chose the other place! The woman at the daycare I chose had breastfed her own kids and knew how to handle breastmilk and how a breastfed baby likes to be held etc. check out a few places and see which one feels right!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• they will b ok. U should let them know about it.
    anna379

Answer by anna379 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• When you are checking out day cares ask about breastfeeding. That way you know how they feel about it.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes they are fine. Most of them just require you to have it prepared in the bottles. I'm breastfeeding and pumping and my daughter is in daycare all day. Let me know if you have any questions.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010