I think Im sick of my baby...

Me and my DF have just moved across a few states. We are now boarding with our friends away from eachother. Well, its been 2 months since my DD was born, I love her but Im afraid that I might be getting sick of her.... Im SO sleepy and crankey.... sometimes when she cries and cries I just so friggen fustrated... I feel like my and my DD are some how growing apart.. she seems to like my friend better than me... I want to be a better parent I hate this feeling so much... please help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well if you feel any better when my baby cried i wanted to puke from anxiety,what i did was force my self to be who i was made to be and i shared it with others because i knew it wasnt normal,when my friends came to the rescue and showed me how normal it was,it wore out sometimes its the lack of sleep and the real problem is she doesnt like your friend better,its the fact that she feels you feel frustraded.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Ask your friend to watch her while you get some rest. Being sleep deprived was a HUGE issue for me when my DD was tiny, after I got some rest I had so much more fun with her, and seemed to be so much more happy.
    Anonymous

• I cannot believe you can say you might be getting sick of your own baby... you need help seriously. Everyone has bad sleepless nights ect. but that's part of parenting. Your her mother she loves and needs you so quit being selfish!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 7:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• These are very trying times, a 2 month old can be exasparating with the crying. Being sleep deprived can do tricks on your mind, arrange for a break. You are not alone in this, it will subside.

Answer by older at 7:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Sweetie you need a decent nights sleep.Your baby is feeling your stress and that is why she is more comfortable with your friend RIGHT NOW ONLY.Can you let DF have her for a couple nights in a row and get a good sleep.I did BF so I was up every night but on Sat morn I would go back to sleep.He slept in on Sunday ,it took him only 30 minutes to shower and dress for church lol.Sleep can help so much
    Anonymous

• the truth is sweetheart is that i dont think 3beautbabies is trying to be mean at all,i think maybie she just had really good babies and they slept really thru the night right away,as soon as they do it magical how much you love them.some babies sleep thru the night after a week,a month and some take 6-9 months so not all babies are the same,its easyto say motherhood is great when you have a lovely perfect baby,but the real test is when they are cranky and have their night confused and sleep very little,thats when you know that mommy knows the real test of motherhood
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• op, I also agree with the previous anon, most of us have gone through similar situations. I at one point had thoughts of just throwing my first born against the wall, when I caught myself doing that, feeling like a monster for the thoughts, I called all my friends only to find out my demonic thoughts were induced by fatigued, and that a lot of new mothers go through the same, you will be fine!

Answer by older at 7:22 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• If never being sick of my two month baby makes me perfect I must be because its my opinion thats its not right. It is selfish because it seems her only concern is her sleep and friends and silence.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 7:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I guess you all also think its normal to have thoughts have throwing your babies against the wall. You need help that is not normal.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 7:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• 3beautbabies, you were probably blessed with nerves of steel and good babies, the way this mom feels is really very common, as long as she verbalizes them and gets some venting done there is no harm in her statement. She is reaching out for help not criticism.

Answer by older at 7:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010