Tropical dessert

I work at Curves and we're having a LUAU for our big Relay For Life fundraiser this year, the ladies asked me to bring some sort of tropical dessert and I have no idea what to mkae! I do know that it needs o be something a little different but that is easy enough for me to make, some of the other desserts are pinapple unside down cake, lemon bars, fruit salad and some sugar free cake...

Any ideas will be very helpful, thanks ladies!

youngmommy21709

Asked by youngmommy21709 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would just bring a tray of fresh tropical fruits. I would add very very small bananas, sliced starfruit, figs, mangos, papayas, pineapple chunks, and persimmons.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• You could also make sauteed plantains:

http://baking.about.com/od/mexicanandlatin/r/sauteedplantain.htm
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• coconut- anything with that and pineapple!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:41 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• my mom makes this thing with coconut, a can of fruit cocktail, and whipped cream - add more pineapple and there you go.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• A fresh fruit tray like the first poster mentioned would be awesome, and to make it a little fancier, you could dip a few of the fruits in some egg white, then roll them in sugar and refrigerate - voila! Instant crystal fruit.
    Anonymous

• Make a trifle cake. (layered in a clear bowl) bake a vanilla cake. cut into cubes. cake on the bottom. some fruit. some pudding. And keep layering it up. You can put cool whip inbetween your layers too and on top too.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010