What about intimacy?

My husband and I are expecting number 2 in september. We had a scare this morning when I started bleeding and cramping. So, we went to the hospital and it turns out that this was all because we had sex this morning before work. Doctor says no more until the baby is born-that's a LOOOONG time...I'm not saying we need to have sex to keep our relationship alive, but my husband is not very romantic so how can we ensure the intimacy and passion doesn't die over the next 7 months of no sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Sweetie, your doctor was talking about penetration and there is so much more to explore than that!!!!!!oral sex for one, caressing and massages, be creative!!!

Answer by older at 7:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• They usually change that after the first trimester so it may not be for the entire pregancy
    Anonymous

• Usually when you're put on pelvic rest for bleeding, it is limited to the first trimester. Generally if there is no further problem, you will be 'cleared' to have sex in the second and third trimesters. Even in cases where you have to continue pelvic rest for the remainder of the pregnancy (and I did have this happen once due to borderline previa and placental abruption in the early to mid second tri) you may not be allowed to have penetration, but may still be able to safely have an orgasm. Even with intercourse off the table, there is still oral sex, manual stimulation, massage, and general 'making out'- so be creative! It's not the end of the world, and you can still have intimacy and even sexual enjoyment without penetration.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I would talk to your regular doc at your next appointment. It could be just your cervix bleeding because it is so sensitive during pregnancy. At your next u/s the doc will make sure your placenta is not near the cervix and if it isn't you will likely be cleared to have sex again. Make sure to talk to your doc about it, don't be embarrassed, they have heard EVERYTHING, so nothing you will say will shock them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:33 PM on Mar. 15, 2010