i can't feel my baby move

i'm 22 weeks and i've felt my baby move only the tiniest bit when i put my hand on my belly and apply pressure...my stomach is popped and hard and i know she's fine cause i just had a doc appt. i just can't feel her moving from the inside, i only feel it a little bit on my hand. it's frustrating because my SO's little sisters are constantly asking me if the baby is moving and i can't feel it so i just say she's sleeping. when will i really feel her moving from the inside instead of the outside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually you feel it from the inside before you feel it from the outside.
    Anonymous

• Maybe your baby isnt kicking hard. As long as the doctor said yall are okay, dont worry about it.
    Anonymous

• That is odd and I wish I had a better answer. I would definitely talk to my doc about this problem.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 7:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I am 20 weeks and I feel her from the inside but can feel from the outside yet... so I don't know but I know I don;t feel her all the time... just in the evenings and in the night but most of the day she is pretty quiet
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Your placenta placement has a lot to do with feeling her move. If you are worried about her and want to check on her, get a fetal stethoscope. Totally safe and non-invasive. About $35. Then the kids can listen to her heart beat which is super cool.

Some babies are "lazy" in the womb. My little sister was a lazy fetus. She grew up to be a very calm person who never complains and rarely seems agitated. You might have a very relaxed baby on the way!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i don't know if my dh ever even felt my 1st son move...partly b/c the baby didn't move around much, and partly b/c he didn't have the patience to wait! he is a pretty mellow kid.
    i am sure that nothing is wrong!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm 23 weeks, and some days she can be felt and others she can't. Today is one of those days. No one can feel her on the outside yet. Perhaps because she's still not moving around a whole lot. I'm not too worried, as on ultrasounds, we can see movement. I'm sure it will get better with time and growth.
    Bambi5826

Answer by Bambi5826 at 4:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010