tmi-certain type of s*x question-

I hear about women saying they aren't allowed to have sex during some pregnancies or for other reasons-
has anyone ever been told that 'regular s*x' isn't OK but anal would be?
I had a problem a few years ago and was told no sex for a while- I asked if I could have anal and you should have seen the look on the young nurses face- she wasn't being mean I think she was just shocked.
you could tell she wanted to continue the conversation when I told her 'well, I like it'
said something like 'I'm not sure how someone would do it so they would like it' - then looked at me with her eyebrows up- like she wanted me to explain...............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think if the doctor has said no sex, it could be because of the contractions your uterus gets after wards. Even anal would make it contract as well, I had a neighbor whose OB put her on bed rest and said no sex. lol He was very specific, he listed..not with your DH, yourself, videos, books...or the pool boy. He was kidding about the last part cuz we were in Montana in the wintertime. But a contraction to your uterus is a contraction, no matter what causes it.

I would've loved to see the look on that nurses face though, that must have been priceless.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• she shouldn't have let her personal feelings about anal sex enter the discussion. ask your ob. personally, tried it, don't like it, but i know people that do. i had plenty of sex without trouble when i was pregnant with my daughter. guess it depends on the reason they want you to abstain.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• OP- well I was on that table with pains so bad that I heard the young resident in the hall making bets that I was about to deliver a baby - I wasn't, darn it!
    so I was in no position to start pondering the political correctness of the nurses behavior-
    it didn't really bother me, I was just curious what other women had heard.
    Anonymous

• i heard anal sex is not good when you are pregnant because of the pressure on your pelvis.. you vagina swells and so do the muscles in your anus.. that is why a lot of women get hemorrhoids.. also you are more likely to get tears or have problems if you have anal while pregnant.. google it and see for your self..
    Anonymous

• I agree...I don't see how someone would like it. I think if I was pregnant , I could "Wait" for sex. I think if you can't wait and you have to do it that way, you might have a problem. Wow.
    Anonymous