I am thinking of buying a Dell laptop and was wondering if any Mothers out there knew of the best one to get.

My Mom can get me a deal with a Dell Laptop and told me to pick out the specific one. I have been browsing and can't decide. Any Mom's out there who have one or don't have one but know about Dell laptops?
Thanks ahead of time. :)

dazzledew

Asked by dazzledew at 7:48 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• DO NOT GET DELL!!
    they are they worst computers to get! when i was in college 2 years ago EVERYONE had a problem with their laptops..me on the other hand, i was smart! i bought an HP. HP is AMAZING! runs fast, never gave me any problems! i still have it! and still in perfect condition!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:50 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I personally don't like Dell laptops. Honestly, I would go with a desktop. If you HAVE to get one, you need to check the warranty and make sure it is long (or longer than normal) because I've had 3 and they have ALL died!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I personally would not buy a Dell. Even if your mom does get a good deal on them. Alot of the part are refurbished and everyone I know who has had one (me and my mom included) has hated them. It didnt last very long and had alot of problems. But if your set on getting one go to Bestbuy.com and look up dell computers and look at the reviews.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I also agree with the first poster. I bought a HP 3 years ago and it still runs like new and I still love it!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• i'm on one right now...i hate it...i'd much rather have an HP
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I hate to say this but I am with everybody else. The only laptops I recommend are Toshiba's. I do have a Dell Desktop that is almost ten years old and I have NEVER had a problem with it. I have a lot of friends who have Dells and HATE them they are always getting the dreaded "blue" screen. If you are bound and determined to go with a Dell though, go to websites like CNET and Best Buy to read reviews.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Refurbished from the ground up, put out the extra money, so save the extra money, and get something else. Anything but Dell.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My DH bought a dell and it is the biggest piece of you know what. I have an HP and it does great, the only thing I have had problems with on my HP is that it overheats sometimes (my mom had the same problem with her HP laptop too), but I bought a cooling fan for about 20 bucks and it does just fine. I have had mine for 3 years, DH has had his for 2.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have a Dell. I love it! I have never had an issue with it! It's fast and has great storage! And it was reasonably priced!

I have a VAIO and a Compaq... Do yourself a favor and stear clear of those. I had the Compaq less than 2 weeks when I had to take it in to be fixed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Best laptop....its all on what you are doing with it. But with Dell - its a crap shoot. My sister has owned Dell laptops for years and has had no problems. My son's fiance has one and has had nothing but trouble with it.
    We've owned Gateway, HP, Compaq, and Toshiba laptops. Currently my son that's engaged has an HP that's had to have work (motherboard friend), the Compaq is used by hubby and the other older son and it's never given us problems, and my Toshiba is FANTASTIC!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010