can boys have daybeds?

there's 2 rooms that are narrow in the house im moving in and since my daughter will have one narrow room, one of my boys will have the other...the only way i can see it making sense is a daybed type of bed for him unless i want a twin size but it will just make the room look odd just to shove it againest the wall

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol - Anon's are silly.

It would only be girlish if you put girly things on it - remember most daybed's originated with the intent for it to look like a couch by day and used as a bed at night...just make sure it's a plain or dark stain wood; and get boy themed bedding...

People worry about things they shouldn't! It's just a bed; it won't scare him for life Promise =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I don't see why not them make them in dark wood.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• wouldn't seem a biggy to me... paint it a darker color if its all girly, go to walmart and get some throw pillows with the room theme on it (you can get harley davidson sheet sets and throw pillows at walmart for example) and line em up along the back and turn it into a "man cave" couch during the day
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 8:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Don't see why not, but a daybed is just a twin bed with railings around three sides. If you already have the twin bed, just use it and put a body pillow up against the wall to make it act like a daybed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Just don't put foo-foo stuff on it. I like the day beds from This End Up Furniture.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Isn't a daybed just a twin bed with a fancy frame?
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• A twin bed will be the same thing.... and ... yes it would be girlish
    Anonymous

• *scar
    beachmamaof2

• You could always get a futon couch that changes to a bed at night as another idea. But I agree with beachmama. I would just get a twin size bed (they're cheaper) and put a nice flat front dust ruffle, and then larger pillows along the back of it. They make 3-sided bed covers (blanket) to make it look more like a couch. Go with a boy-ish theme or a boy color scheme and viola. done.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010