Has anyone ever read...

The lost books of the bible...what do you think...true, myth or just can't wrap your head around it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have read parts of the James IV bible, and I think they may be some history there but other than that I think it is a story written by men.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 8:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• No I haven't, but I'm interested in what other people think.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have read quite a few of them... there are so many though! I see them as just as legit as the bible itself. They are a great mix of myth, magic, faith and history. I'm sure some are more accurate than others but there is really no way to tell which is which...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I haven't, but I want to.
    I believe there is probably historical significance... the the "gospel of thomas" etc. But there was a reason they weren't included in the bible... no one was for sure about some of the facts or something.
    But, they would be great educational material... I just haven't gotten there quite yet in my life.. I'm only 21! lol
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• It's wonderful literature. The point of reading them and studying all religious literature is to learn about the possibilities that exist. We were created to think big thoughts and share them. "Truth" is a matter of faith, not a matter of what some person wrote.

Anyone with a kind heart can distill a positive message out of stories of good people-- even someone who doesn't believe in Jesus can know the message of Jesus is kindness. Does it matter that the story was written by an apostle or by a 7 year old kid?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• The Jewish Tenach has many writings that Christian leaders decided to pull out because they didn't fit with their views. They have never been 'lost' to the Jews.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:56 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes, I have, especially the Dead Sea Scrolls.

I don't see why they are "irrelevant." They were, after all, considered for inclusion in the Bible. The only reason they were left out and banned was because the men deciding how to rule couldn't fit them in without much contradiction.
    You want to know what's REALLY irrelevant? Paul's letters, which make up the NT...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You can find out a lot about them by watching: Banned from the Bible.  It's a fascinating documentary.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2010