15 month old and climbing out of his crib. Help!!!!!

We have had his crib on it's last level for about 6 months now so the next step is obviously the toddler bed but isn't he too young for a toddler bed. It's pretty dangerously as it is bcos I saw him fall on his head while tryin to climb out. I didn't get to him in time. So far he's done it twice today, any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go ahead and switch beds now...better to try to do it now than to wait til he gets seriously hurt.
    Anonymous

• Switch beds, we switched my DD about 16 months, when they can climb out that is when it is time to change, I know it is hard to think of them getting old enough for big kid things but it is toddler bed time.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• crib tent
    Anonymous

• I suggest a toddler bed. He should be fine. I'd rather test out the toddler bed than wake up to him being severely hurt from falling out of the crib. Best of luck to you!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:07 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• toddler bed time!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• He's not to young for a toddler bed. I switched my first at 18 months (when he learned to climb out) and am about to switch my currently 14 month old just so I don't have to worry about him falling out and hitting his head.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 1:04 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My first started climbing out of the crib at 16 months. I switched him to a toddler bed. No problems except that it was a pain getting him to go to bed for the first few nights.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:13 AM on Mar. 16, 2010