Horrible Butt Rash.....Teething?

So the last 2-3 days DD (16 months) has had a horrible butt rash no matter how many times I change her. Combined with some....nasty poo. The other day I felt her teeth and noticed she had some more molars coming in. I was wondering if one had anything to do with the other? I am pretty sure every time she's teethed she's had a butt rash, but I just want to make sure that's what is going on. Any ways to help it besides Desitin? Right now I am leaving her diaper off tolet her dry out sacraficing my floor in the process lol. Thanks mamas. :)

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 8:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds normal. I'd try some boudreoas (horribly misspelt) butt paste! That stuff works like a charm. If not I'd call your pedi and see if they can give you something stronger.
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 9:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• The only thing that worked for my daughter was to rinse her off under the faucet instead of wiping her, then I'd sit her on a towel with a water-proof pad underneath to let her air dry. And then of course coating her in butt cream when I put her diaper back on. Her rash was gone in a couple of days.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:30 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• My 10mo gets a horrid butt rash when teething (she is up to 8 teeth!!) I found that after I clean her up if I put baby powder on it helps a lot. But if the rash goes from being really red and little sores open and start to bleed baking soda is the key. I use wipes and clean her up, then take some soda water and dab at the sores and at night I put a little baking soda in her bath and they clear up in about 2 days.
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Honestly i hate Desitin I like plain old Vaseline works wonders, Air dry her little bum then put a large amount Vaseline on there then a diaper, Sounds to me like she is teething if she starts vomiting then worry. I would also make sure you give her some pedialyte just in case she becomes dehydrated, Also a word to the wise never use butt wipes unless its alcohol free i used a cold wash rag. If sores appear make sure you take her to the doctor's so she don't get infection, Best of luck! Hope she is better soon
    Mom4life1015

Answer by Mom4life1015 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 15, 2010