First night without a paci ......................................................

So I took it out of her mouth this morning as I got her out of bed and didnt say a word . At nap time she asked for it and it took 2 hours to get her to go to sleep but not much crying . I just kept telling her that it went bye bye and that she was a big girl now and didnt need it anymore. Now its bed time . All night I am dreading putting her to bed . To my surprise she layed down gave me a kiss and said" night mommy" and not one tear . She didnt even ask for it . I am not this lucky !!!!!! But if I can do this maybe I will get her potty trained after all !!!!

sarbreen28

Asked by sarbreen28 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Congratulations! Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Good Luck to you!! I have an almost 3 yr old who still loves her paci's!! I hope to get her off them before 3!
    Anonymous

• That's good ur really lucky...I have a 3 year old cousin gonna be 4 in May...and she still has her paci...All day nd All nite...she knows tht wen she cums to my house i dnt let her have it but wen she's around her mom...she throws HUGE fits if she doesn't get it...its crazy..
    mommiie_2_1

Answer by mommiie_2_1 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• When my oldest was 2, we "lost" his paci one night. He had one terrible time getting to sleep, but after that he never asked for it again!

Answer by missanc at 7:42 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• That's great!! We are in the middle of planning how to take my youngests paci away. I am glad it was easy for you. Wish us luck! lol
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 9:21 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Ugh I am dreading this!! Thanks for sharing this story, it gives me hope that maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be. I'm glad things went so smoothly for you last night! You've got a good girl on your hands!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:25 AM on Mar. 16, 2010