Want another baby?

I love my four year old to pieces.
I currently live with him and my AMAZING boyfriend. He takes great care of us and I take great care of him in return.
I know he wants to get married (and wants a baby), but doesn't want to ask since my divorce has been trying to go through for two years... So technically I am not available.
It's a complicated situation.
I am 26 years old and have started to feel time ticking by. I was raised the oldest of four children and having just one child never occurred to me. I want my son to be able to have that sibling relationship. Someone to talk to and play with.
I want a baby. Really bad. It's not just a passing sensation, I have been feeling this way for six months or more.
We are ready in every way. But I really want to have a baby with the person I love while we're married. So I have to wait. My attorney really needs to push the divorce through, I am tired of waiting.
Anyone else in my boat?

CrystalsMuse

Asked by CrystalsMuse at 9:46 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just get knocked up hunny! that may push things along.. and what the hell is your lawyer doing?! my friend got divorced in less then 6 mos
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Less than six months? Hot dawg!

I swear, I think my lawyer is sitting on her twiddling thumbs while my divorce is on the back burner. Wish there was a way to get her fired up about it without coming off as a witch. :P
    CrystalsMuse

Answer by CrystalsMuse at 11:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• YES! I want another baby, but my daughter is my husband's 7th child and he's done. But I don't like the idea of my daughter alone. I remember always playing with my sister. I just want one more...
    hiddenstrength

Answer by hiddenstrength at 2:33 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• DON'T just get knocked up!! Check with your state about that first! I live in KY and I'm getting a divorce as well. The state of KY does not make bastard children (the words of my lawyer, not me) so if you get pregnant, it will STOP your divorce!

Sorry, I just had to put that out there!

As far as your lawyer, 2 years is an awful long wait. Do you know the reason? Is there a lot of property involved? Or is your husband unable to be located? Are you having to go through a long court process?

I would get ahold of your lawyer and figure out the reason it is taking so long. If it seems it's just your lawyer taking her time, switch lawyers, by all means! I'm sorry but 2 years is really really strange! I was told my divorce shouldn't take longer than 4-6 months if we could come to an agreement without having to go to court.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:31 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yeah she is right I would check state laws I forgot about that one!
    I had a friend get prego and her husband had to sign off on the baby or he would of been added to the birth cert. no matter what. He signed off since it wasn't his,but they were married. I am in MA. yes check your laws good point :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010