Dinosaurs

So when I was in 2nd grade we learned about dinosaurs, and I told the teacher that I didn't believe in them because it didn't say anything about them in the Bible. So now, science I understand, there's fossils, there's proof. I read that humans were on the earth only 4 million years ago, and dinosaurs millions, and millions before that. So how does it make sense? God made the world, the whole seven days thing, I'm confused. : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You really think a day to God (who is eternal) is really just 24 hours? That would be like a blink to God.
    Anonymous

• go to answersingenesis.org there is a whole article about this
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Because there was no god that made the earth in seven days. IF there is a god, its days are certainly not equal to ours. The end.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I don't believe that the earth is millions or billions of years old. I really don't. I mean, yes, it is possible, but what would the point be? God created environment, animals and plants (food), and us. He gave us what we need to survive, and animals were for enjoyment as well as food. As far as dinosaurs go, I do think they existed... I mean there ARE fossils.. I don't think God would just put them there to play mind games! There are references in the bible to a "lyviathan (sp)" which could have been a dinosaur... or a dragon... something of that sort... why they went extinct I do not know. Whether it was environment or perhaps they were even hunted and such... but we still have lizards, giant lizards even, but nothing near the scale of ancient dinosaurs. I don't think the days of creation are OUR literal 24 hour ones... they could have been weeks, months, years, hundreds of years, etc. Someday we'll know! (ie... in heaven:])
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• IF you believe in the Biblical God then you should keep reading. There is a passage, although I can't remember where, in the bible that states 1000 years is like a day to God... Point being the bible never limits those 7 days of creation to 7 24hour days. Those could have been 700 years, 7000 years or 7 million... There is no way to know how long creation took.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Honey, you're confused because there is no god, and the bible was written by very primitive men with a political agenda.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:58 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Google "The Gap Theory." Dinosaurs are mentioned in the book of Job. God created the world in the beginning, but a lot of life took place before the earth was ever without form, void, and covered in water. Then God created the earth as we know it now in 7 days. God told Adam and Eve to go and "replenish" the earth, but nothing can be "replenished" without having already been "plenished" at one time. Anyway, check out "The Gap Theory," or "Pre-Adamic Age." What happened to Atlantis and Lemuria are good examples of the fact that the earth has always been God's.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• hummm.........

Whom to believe?

Accredited scientists?

or

An ancient book of faery tales?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Huge dilemma MamaK, isn't it??? Even though there is evidence that dinosaurs were wiped out off the planet because of its collision with a meteor, which basically wiped out life on Earth for million years, before the next circle of life, called evolution started.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:20 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Here is a link to Nationa Geographic site where you can see the timeline of the formation of Earth and life on it, also extinction of dinasours and possible reasons of the extinction like volcanic activity and the impact of a meteor. After that you can see timeline of evolution. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but bookmarked it to keep reading later.

http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/prehistoric-world/prehistoric-time-line.html

BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 12:58 AM on Mar. 16, 2010