Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get help with food for a couple of days my foodstamps ran out.

I forgot to reup my foodstamps can anyone help me with finding a way to get some food for me and my 2 year old son until I get my foodstamps back. Please Help times have been hard I have been in the hospital almost in early labor the doctor had to stop it. Thanks everyone.

Answer Question

Asked by jessesmama22 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

Level 18 (5,311 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • contact your local salvation army or other churches. they generally help those in need.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Food pantaries! Also, if you belong to a church talk to them. however, a food pantary would definately get you enough to get you through until your food stamps come through. sorry for your hard times. good luck!

    Answer by aly38914290 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Who lives with you can go get more Food stamps for a couple days. You just go to the office and tell them what happen. Next time buy soups, rice, spaghetti they go a long way. I always get this things just in case.

    Answer by gammie at 10:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • churches, salvation army, food bank etc

    Answer by sandypops at 10:15 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Family or friends? Churches, food pantries, the Salvation Army, the soup kitchen, etc.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Yes I to would suggest a local church or food pantry or the salvation army. I will pray for you. Can you borrow money from some family member? I was a single mother and I understand but trust me God will provide for you and that baby. I use to get low some times and I would pray Lord if not for my sake then at least for my babies. There I go talking too much blessed.

    Answer by my2kids312 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • what about family members first then look at the rest

    Answer by cherylc1962 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Here we have a number called "FIRST CALL FOR HELP" it is a 2-1-1 number...I don't kow what it would be where you are,but maybe you can give that a try. All you do is give them a call, tell them what you need and give them your zip code and they will give you a list of places in your area that offers to help with free food and they will also tell you what verification you need to bring.
    Hope this helps.
    Good Luck to you.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

  • Call 211. They can give you the names of food pantries in your area that are open tomorrow.

    Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:07 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.