any one live in Charlotte or Fayettevill NC?

Thinking of moving there from Boston. Any thoughts?

chynna26

Asked by chynna26 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Charlotte will be less of a culture shock. Fay'ville is military city, and although diverse, does not offer everything that charlotte does.

I lived in charlotte for 10 years, and would happily move back. Though I will tell you, stay away from Beatties Ford, Freedom Drive, West/South Blvd areas... (west meets south in charlotte, LMAO!) with little kids. Look more into the Matthews/Hwy 51 area- MUCH nicer suburb, plus still have public transit! Charlotte is an amazingly HUGE city- it sprawls... Its just low and sprawls. you could drive for weeks and not see everything, plus there are a couple of INCREDIBLE museums, including "Discovery Place" (Google it), the childrens theatre... You NAME IT!

Yeah, would definitely move back to charlotte. LOL
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:20 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I live in Greensboro, about an hour away from Charlotte... I have lived here all my life and know that a lot of people refer to Charlotte as one of the biggest drug cities in the south. I don't know much about Fayetteville, but do know that Greensboro is ranked one of the fastest growing cities in America as of 2008.
    Anonymous

• thanks obby my grandmother lives in fayetteville and my unclel lives next door. I am org. from NYC so I imagine it will all be a culture shock. Just thinking about packing up the kids and movin somewhere diffrent. Nicer. I am doing other research online too. thanks again
    chynna26

Answer by chynna26 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• DH and I moved to Charlotte almost 7 years ago from the Cape. We live in N.Charlotte in between the University and the race track. We love it and would never go back. DH has a great job and a year after we moved here we were able to buy a beautiful home much cheaper than what it would have cost on the cape but that was years ago. Anyway, like anywhere else there are some really great things about Charlotte depending on what area you want to be in. There are also some areas of the city that I would prefer to stay away from. I agree with Obbie as the areas mentioned are not real great. Some other areas not directly in Charlotte you may want to take a look at would be Huntersville which is supposed to be really nice as well as Harrisburg which is in Cabarrus county. Hope that helps and best of luck to you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You should check out the local Mom's groups....both have great ones....CharlotteMommies or FayettevilleMommies
    blythe99rmwc

Answer by blythe99rmwc at 1:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thanks for all the great advice ladies
    chynna26

Answer by chynna26 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i am thinking Charleston, SC to I have family in those areas
    chynna26

Answer by chynna26 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I live in Fayetteville, and I really like it here. We moved here 3 years ago from TX. We have lived all overthe US, and the economy is definately the best here. Also, most people here are military families, so they are very accustomed to making new people feel at home.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 5:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2010