business

I'm thinking of going with prepaid legal but I'm not 100% sure I can make money here. I was gonna try Avon then saw that a lot of moms around here in my area tried it and they just didnt make enough some only made change enough for a soda or diapers. I really can't find any jobs round here in Utah. Only thing I'm skilled in is construction, and cleaning. I need something that doesnt cost anything to start.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 10:17 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• Cleaning is a great way to make money!
    Anonymous

• Well, I know PPL is legit, but I'm honestly not a fan. I know their services are good, but they over charge for them... I'm with Ameriplan, PPL is one of the few competitors we have, but I honestly believe we are the better option. Mainly because PPL is very limited in what they offer. We have a plan that matches their services and offers more at a lower cost and 4 other plans that offer everything from dental & health care to shopping & entertainment discounts. I use our Access Saver Plan and save an average of $100 or more a month... PPL can't offer that!

www.ThisIsAmeriplan.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:24 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I've never tried pre-paid legal, so I don't know much about it. I did try Avon and it didn't work for me. I'm not into selling. I LOVE doing what I do!!!

Best Wishes!

Erika
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I'm from Utah, there are jobs there. I ended up almost moving there and only applied for a handful of jobs that I found on the Dept. of Workforce Services page and local papers and had 3 interviews (including for 2 I wasn't technically qualified for) and even got offered one of the jobs.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• good luck finding something.. i work a job and a business from home..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.

Utah has Convergys locations all over the place, most of them allow telecommuting.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I've been doing PrePaid Legal for 6 weeks and I just quit my "part time job" because the income from PPL has replaced it.
    I tripled my start up costs in my first two weeks.

This company has been around almost 40 yrs and is a NYSE company. I'm so glad I got into PPL.

Good luck! Let me know if I can be of help.

Any home biz op is going to charge some type of start up cost ...
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 7:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I am with Herbalife. Although its not free to start, I have a business pack available for $15 which will get you started. I make about 300-400 just posting an ad on craigslist. You can check out my journals on my page about it.

Other than that, you can do things like GPT sites and work at home jobs.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2010