When moms sick...and everyone else is sick too...who takes care of mom?

So, a germy flu bug found its ways into our house. UGH. My daughter started vomiting Sunday morning at 4 a.m. So I've pretty much been awake since then. (She's not puking now,btw..doing a little better too) By Sunday night I get the WORSE belly cramps and now I feel sicker than a dog..no puking...just the cramps,BAD headache, sore throat,stuffy nose..just miserable, you know how it is. Then I had to pick my son up early from school today because he's got it now too...now the SO just got sick a few hours ago. I've been cleaning up all the vomit,rocking fussy baby,taking temps,making soup,giving baths,dressing for bed,checking for fever thru the night and I am just BEAT and I feel like CRAP!But no rest for mom I guess,lol. Just wanted to vent a little.Got everyone tucked away in bed and I thought I'd steal a moment of quiet for myself.Can't take meds either..cuz I'm pregnant,lol.Go figure.Think I'll go make a cup of chammomile.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mom takes care of Mom. Mom takes care of everyone else. Mom is magic.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Your house sounds like ours did last week.. It was miserable. I know what you mean when Moms sick, you still have to take care of everyone else. I will admit though that my Hubby is the best when it comes to helping out, and taking care of me...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:29 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• same boat here. feel better! (btw- I'm having a cup of Yogi Calm...mmm...)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• yeah...he's been trying but I just told him to stop and go to bed because he has to get up and go to work...I don't. Poor guy. :(
    I just wish I could lay in a warm bubbly hot tub for like an hour,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:32 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

yup!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:57 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• call grandma!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• We had that last week. When one person got over it, another person got it. Even our 1 year old had a bout with it. I hate it because this is the first time that any of my kids had a stomach bug. I felt bad for them, but there was no stopping any of it. I hated it when I got sick, but when my babies were throwing up and then the dry heaves, I felt so bad for them. Their tummies hurt and they looked awful. No one had any energy, I remember telling them that I wish I was sick instead of them. BIG mistake.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:13 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Ug that sucks! At least you aren't puking! A few months back, I got the stomach flu BAD... threw up all through the night and into the morning (12 hours) and could barely change my 1 year olds diaper come morning. Dh was working nights, and when he got home, he started puking... we were both exhausted and couldn't function!! SOOOO thankful my parents live in town... by dad and brother came and picked up my son and took him to their house because he WASN'T sick-thank goodness!!!
    I laid on the couch all day, mostly sleeping... didn't wake up til 1 pm and called to check on my son etc... I had stopped puking but slept until about 6 when they brought my son home and we all just went to bed again!
    Apparently I was so sick that when my son got to their house andmy mom changed him, he had poo smeared on his leg... it was "so sad" because my son is ALWAYS so CLEAN... my mom KNEW how sick I was then, lol!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I take care of me, along with everybody else. I've been known to walk around the house muttering "it must be nice to be papa bear" when everybody is sick, my husband is lying in bed moaning, and I'm up taking care of everybody else. It's what moms do, though. :-)
    Hope your family gets back on their feet quickly!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:30 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Did you not get the memo, Moms are not allowed to be or act sick.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:35 AM on Mar. 16, 2010