Has anyone ever did one of the hotel deals that you have to sit through a presentation

We are trying to book a trip to tennessee and i keep gettting these deals that seem way to good to be true. So I was wondering if any of you have done them. Like i just found one for 3 nights hotel room and 2 tickets to 2 different local attractions. And it is only 149.00 but you have to sit through a 90 min resort preview..... if any of you have done this i would love to hear what you thought and if it was some big scam or not!!!!please help this could me a lot more fun things for our first trip with little man if its true i would be saving like 200 dollars that we could spend somewhere else... and if anybody has suggestions for things to do in the summer in gatlinsburg pigeon forge area let me know! Thanks!

lei08

Asked by lei08 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 15, 2010 in Travel

• well, mine wasnt quite like that! But i went to a bridal fest & signed up for whatever i could and got a call that said i won an all exclusive trip, all i had to do was come to a hotel and watch this cooking presentation and get my trip info!! So we went, and ofcourse there was a catch! They were selling the pots & pans...and the trip wasnt all excuslive, you had to pay for your plane tickets, and you could only go at a specific time, yada yada yada...so basically they wanted you to buy their stuff...which my husband got suckered into...and we ended up paying almost 5000 for pots & pans we rarely use!! So BE CAREFUL!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• We got show tickets for the whole family in Vegas by doing one...it was for a timeshare and they kept on and on and on with trying to get us to do it...we finally got out of there with our tickets for the show and without buying- so it was worth it- the show was great!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:56 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• I have done them many times as an adult, and even more times as a child because my mom was a huge fan of these. I have always received what they promised to give me and the accommodations were nice (if that was part of the package. Each offer is different) Just be ready to say NO several times at the end!! The presentations make these time shares sound and look like the BEST thing in the world, and they really push a hard sale at the end of that 90 minute tour!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2010

• Yes, we did one years ago which was good value as it included our two children. The pitch to buy land on easy terms was annoying but not hard to resist as we had very little money anyway. But you do have to be determined to say ' no ' and keep saying it or you can end up paying a lot for something you do not really want.

We enjoyed it ..
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Typically those are time share sellers....Time shares are rip offs! Stay away. My friend is able to say no, so she does them all the time. I'm easier, so I stay away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 21, 2010